Intereg IIIB CADSES
European Union
Re: Welcome to the ELISA seminar
by Jochen Dietz - Monday, 4 December 2006, 03:08 PM

Dear Tutors,

like the last two times, I’d like to set a good example and start with a short presentation of myself:

My name is Jochen Dietz, I'm 32 years old, an university trained teacher for economics orientated vocational schools and working currently at the Freie Universität Berlin within two projects:

1. Project FUeL, which aims at implementing e-Learning at the Freie Universität Berlin. I'm consultant of the economics department and contact person for all questions around e-Learning and the central learning management platform Blackboard.

2. Project ELISA, which you (hopefully) already know. Together with my colleagues from Berlin we are responsible for the evaluation of the learning management platform Moodle and that you all gain lots of usable (e-Learning) experiences before, during and after the train the trainer seminar.

Before this job, I was an academic research assistant at the Universität Leipzig (Chair of Business Education and Educational Management) and worked together with pedagogues, business economists and computer scientists on the development, implementation and evaluation of an online e-Commerce course. And before that I worked as an ad viser for Electronic Data Processing and Information Technology at the Eastern German Savings Bank Academy in Potsdam and was responsible for the according educational training program, including calculation, marketing, organization, coordination and evaluation.

Apart from my working life, I’m spending quite a lot of time with my son (playing football !) and the rest of my free time I’m surfing the internet, and reading books.

If you’ve got any further question to me, my life and especially to e-Learning, Moodle, deployment scenarios etc., please don't hesitate asking any question. I’ll try to answer within a few hours.

Jochen Dietz