Intereg IIIB CADSES
European Union
Re: Welcome to the teleseminar Athens/Berlin-Sofia
by Olya Harizanova - Saturday, 4 November 2006, 04:28 PM

Hi, dear colleagues.

My name is Olya Harizanova. At present I am associate professor at Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski and I teach ICT in Library and Information Sciences Department. My basic courses are Web design and Automated Information Systems. I have a second position as a director of the Center for Educational Services. (CES is a service oriented unit of Sofia University whit main goal to ensure the necessary organizational and methodological conditions for parallel and continuing education, specialization and re-qualification of learners from various spheres of social practice.)

From 8 years ago till now I research the status of IST in different Bulgarian sectors (education, business, telecommunication, libraries ...). My last publications are “Readiness of the Bulgarian SMEs for the Information Society” and “E-readiness and E-activities of the Bulgarian SMEs (Results of empirical research)”.

Now my special interests concern Bulgarian Libraries as Information Society Centres of Knowledge but as before continue research SMEs in Bulgaria and their ICT-level, their readiness to participate in the e-market and possibilities to create e-business.

My expectations of the training are to know more about e-learning platform (teaching methods, how to publish new materials…) and some differences from other platforms.

Wish you pleasant  day,

OH smile